The Piney Grove Fire and Rescue Department is currently accepting applications for volunteer personnel. Please review the eligibility requirements listed below. Applicants can submit their applications via email, mail or in person at 7525 Vance Road, Kernersville, North Carolina 27284.
Eligibility Requirements for Applicants:
- Currently reside within six miles of the Piney Grove Fire and Rescue Department district boundaries;
- Free of felony convictions, acts of moral turpitude moral, and certain misdemeanor offenses;
- No illegal/illicit drug use within the past five years;
- Responsible driving record.
JUNIOR/CADET FIREFIGHTER PROGRAM
Junior or Cadet Firefighter positions allow high school students that are at least fifteen years of age to become members of the department. New junior/cadet personnel will complete an in-house training program that allows them to familiarize themselves with the department and its operations. Upon reaching their sixteenth birthday, these personnel will be permitted to enroll in firefighter certification to prepare them selves for a future career in emergency services. This program instills the values of the department: pride, honor, integrity, courage, selfless-service, duty and respect, in young adult applicants.
Eligibility Requirements for Junior/Cadet Firefighter Personnel:
- At least fifteen years of age;
- Favorable academic record;
- Letter from the Principal of the applicants school stating why the applicant is suited for the program;
- Dual enrollment program form signed by the Principal;
- Favorable references.
RESIDENT FIREFIGHTER PROGRAM
In an effort to augment on-duty staffing and volunteer personnel, the department utilize resident firefighters. Resident firefighters are often current college students or recent college graduates who are pursuing an advanced academic degree or career in emergency services.
Eligibility Requirements for Resident Firefighters:
- At least eighteen years of age
- General applicant requirements
- Firefighter II certification
- Valid EMT Certification
- EVD certification or ability to obtain within six months of acceptance